February 22, 2010

MAKE UP HAUL / REVIEW

Hello!
Today I will do another makeup haul/review. I don't know why, but lately I enjoy doing beauty related posts. I'm not going to lie, I use a lot of products. And therefore, I would like to share my thoughts on them. Some of the products listed I like and some I don't. I do not want to say that they are bad,because it's kind of harsh; maybe they just don't work for me. So, you can either take my advise or not. It is totally up to you guys.

I will start with the stuff that I like:
MAC eyeshodows: the pink one is more of a fuchsia color and is called " Stars 'n' Rockets",
and the other one is "Satin Taupe", which is my new favorite color!
Also an eyeliner in "Teddy", I honestly think that this is the color of eyeliner that everyone should owe, it's perfect for day time.



These are the swatches of eyeshadows and eyeliner.


This is a kit that I got from Bare Minerals.
1) Prime Time eyelid primer. OMG!!! this thing is amazing! I used it and my eyeshadow did not crease for more than 10 hours. This is one of the items that I will be repurchasing:)
2) Lipgloss in iced champagne. It's ok, not as good as my favorite KORRES lipgloss, though.
3) Boxom lash mascara in blackest black. I like the brush, it helps to declump lashes, however, I'm still in love with Lancome Virtuose mascara. It will be my most favorite mascara for a long time.
4)Rare Minerals facial moisturizer. Ok this one smells really bad. I know it smells like herbs, but it's not my smell. Thats why I said that not all products are bad, some of them just don't work for me.
5) Faux tan matte. This product has a bronzer sort of consistency. I like it because it is one of those bronzers that leave my face shine free.


I also bought more of the gel eyeliners. I really like my coastal scents eyeliners. So, I added two more to their family:Indigo Blue(all the way on the right) and Boom Boom brown (in the middle).
The one on the left is from the newest Maybelline Eyestudio line in eggplant. It is too translucent and takes few layers to bring it to it's real color. Therefore, it's good, but time consuming.


Mineral eyeshadows by ELF and by bare minerals. Both eyeshadows are great. The ELF one costs only $3. It's soo worth it! They are the same quality!!!


More ELF products.
1) 2 of the Sugar Kiss shimmer eye dusts. They come in one package and I believe are $1 for both of them. The name on the package is "Ice Skate". I used the pink one on Valentine's day during daytime and it gave my eyes extra sparkle:)
2)ELF Brightening eye color in Brownstone. This quad is perfect for neutral everyday look.
3)Duo eye shadow cream in olive. I'm not sure how to use this. When I used it alone, it creased 5 minutes later. I will see if there are other ways to use it.
4) 2 liquid eyeshadows in Sultry Satin and Mocha Madness. $1 each, which is great, and I use them as eyeliners.


Sephora palette. It has eyeshadows, lip colors, 3 blushes, and powder. I do not like this palette at all. I can only use 2 eyeshadows from this entire thing. They are dry, chunky, and messy. It was a gift and I don't feel bad about spending $ on it, but now I don't really know what to do with it. Keep or toss???

Sephora by OPI nail polish in Brainiac. It is very matte and looks dull. In the bottle the color looks bright and vibrant, but on nails it reminds me of that dull orange color from the '70s. So, I'm not happy with it. And it takes forever to dry. I own many other colors from this line and I love them all, but this one... something is wrong.
Ok, I'm done. I hope you guys didn't die from boredom. And hopefully some of you will find useful information from this post.
Now, I'm off to sleep.
Good night for now:)
Olya

2 comments:

  1. you should do a step by step post on how to put on bare minerals. i'm really interested in it, but i don't want to commit to buying any until i know how to use it. it's kinda expensive. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Will Blog For Comments" :)