I made this pasta last week and and it came out so good that I decided to share recipe.
2 Red peppers (cut into long pieces)
6 strands of asparagus (cut into pieces)
1 cup of broccoli (cut into pieces)
1 cup of baby bella mushrooms (cut into pieces)
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 tablespoon of olive oil
2/3 cup of heavy cream
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of Vegeta or a pinch of a dry vegetable stock
10-15 pieces of regular size shrimp
13.25 oz. = 1 box of Barilla Penne pasta
1. Take a big pot, fill it with water. Add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of olive oil to it. Bring it to boil. When water is boiling put the pasta into pot and follow the cooking directions that are on the box of pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking cut red peppers, asparagus, broccoli and mushroom into desired pieces. ( on the picture you can see how I did it)
3. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 1tsp of salt to the pan and add vegetables. Cook them there for about 10 minutes or until they are as tender as you desire. Make sure not to over cook them, they'll be too mushy later on.
4. In a different pan add the last Tbsp of olive oil, heat it, then add garlic. Cook it for about 30 seconds. Just as you start to smell the scent of garlic add heavy cream and 2 tsp of black pepper. Stir. Bring it to boil.
5. Add raw shrimp to the heavy cream. Salt shrimp with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 10 minutes and stir few times until shrimp is all cooked.
6. After pasta is cooked, drain it but leave a bit of that water in the pot (1/4 of a cup). Add vegetables and heavy cream with shrimp to the pot as well. Stir everything. Serve to eat.